Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Shedule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to shedule 2 jobs such that Job2 will be executed after Job1.

When I a trying to shedukle Job2 afer Job1 system is asking for Job No.

What is that Jon No?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SM36

You've already scheduled JOb1 right?

suppose. it has Job name Z_JOB1.

While scheduling second job enter any name like Z_JOB2.

then click on Start condition..then enter Z_JOB1 after clicking on 'After JOb' button.....I hope you understand..

Regards,

Harini.S

0 Kudos

HI

This is happening only for the first time.Say I have sheduled Job1 and Job2. Job1 is finished and after that Job2 is finished.Again Job1 has started and finished but Job2 has not started.

Regards

0 Kudos

Yes... Only the first time. This is why that feature is not used that much. I think there are 3rd party tools that help with this.

With regard to SM36, usually scheduling multiple daily/hourly periodic jobs are the way to go.

To start off, you can estimate a time when the preceding job will complete.

To be more sure, you may want to have a last step of the previous job- as a separate program to write a file or something, indicating that it has completed. Then the first step of the next job can be a separate program looking for this file. Once the file is there, the next job can start. Don't forget to erase it for the next time.

I hope that this helps.