Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inverse text in SmartForms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm making a label/sticker with smartforms. In this label i have to make a black box with white text/letters.

Does anyone knows a method to do this.

Thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernsen,

In the OUTPUT OPTIONS of the TEXT that you are using to print the label give the SATURATION 50%(change it if required). This is to get the black box.

Now to get the white text/letters got to character format in the STYLE that you are curretnly using to print the sticker. Go to the FONT tab of this character format and select the check box "COLOUR" and choose "WHITE".

Hope this may solve the problem,

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat Kumar Reddy.V

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernsen,

Yes we can do this. Create a TEMPLATE of your required black box size and give grey value.

Now, go to SPAD -> Full administration -> Device Types -> Device Types -> select your device type & double click it -> Look at Print Controls and check names from COL0H to COL7V whether they are color and inverse off or not.

If it is Off, you have to copy the device type and change the corresponding values to get inverse on.

regards,

ram

0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your answer. I have only 2 problems with it.

1. I'm gonna work with a ZEBRA Z4MPlus Printer. I don't have the slightest idea which devicetype it is. It must be still installed. It would be really GREAT if you could help me install it or know someone who could help me. I know there is something special with it (see note 7500002)

2. I don't understand why the box (or template) must be grey. I need black (background)and white (characters).

regards, Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernsen,

In the OUTPUT OPTIONS of the TEXT that you are using to print the label give the SATURATION 50%(change it if required). This is to get the black box.

Now to get the white text/letters got to character format in the STYLE that you are curretnly using to print the sticker. Go to the FONT tab of this character format and select the check box "COLOUR" and choose "WHITE".

Hope this may solve the problem,

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat Kumar Reddy.V