Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert Customize table from database level cannot retrieve from abap ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have requirement that not recommend from SAP. External system will be directly insert into the customize table from database level.

but then i cannot check the data from se16 / se11 because the data not inserted through SAP environment (direct db to db).

any way to process the data through ABAP program ?

Please help me.

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this before - create the Z custom table in the SAP repository using SE11, and then insert / delete / update data directly into it via external SQL outside of SAP. If client dependant, then external SQL needs to fill MANDT field to get correct key.

The table can then be read and processed in ABAP, and can be viewed in SE16 the same as any other table.

To ensure completeness of data, you can define a second "control" table where the external SQL updates a status once it has finished updates to the main table - this prevents ABAP processing before the external SQL finishes.

When creating in SE11 you may want to set the technical parameters so it uses a USER data class that Basis can link to a separate tablespace to control size and security aspects.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using SE14 -> Adjust and Save Data.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this before - create the Z custom table in the SAP repository using SE11, and then insert / delete / update data directly into it via external SQL outside of SAP. If client dependant, then external SQL needs to fill MANDT field to get correct key.

The table can then be read and processed in ABAP, and can be viewed in SE16 the same as any other table.

To ensure completeness of data, you can define a second "control" table where the external SQL updates a status once it has finished updates to the main table - this prevents ABAP processing before the external SQL finishes.

When creating in SE11 you may want to set the technical parameters so it uses a USER data class that Basis can link to a separate tablespace to control size and security aspects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andrew,

Finally, i can retrieved the data from se11 because of the MANDT value.

Best Regards

Fernand