Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force free item (TANN) in the sales order?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any way to force a free item (TANN category) to be added to a sales order (VA01)? Standard configuration cannot be used because users want the item to be added after they have filled in an custom (Z) field on a line.

With standard free goods determination free item is added immediately after user hits [Enter]. But in this case they enter data for the line, hit [Enter], SAP goes through all its stuff and only then the field becomes available. After they fill in the field and hit [Enter] SAP doesn't go back to the same place where normally free goods are determined.

Could I use some flag to fool the program into going back or is there an FM that I could call? Does anyone know where exactly standard free goods determination is performed?

I've been debugging the whole day, so your help will be trully appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I am not that much clear with ur question but tell me are you trying to tell that wheenver user enters some particular material it has to add one more free material along with that....

please clarify..

Thanks,

Yuvaraj

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. Basically yes, they want just to add a free item to the order, it's just not based on the material entered (otherwise standard would have worked fine) but on the custom "deal" field.

User expectations are along these lines:

1. User enters material, quantity, sales unit.

2. Use goes to the tab 'Additional data B' on the item

3. User enters 'Deal" and hits Enter (or goes back to the overview screen).

4. Free item appears.

The problem is that standard free goods determination happens between 1 and 2. Nothing happens between 3 and 4.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow-up on my post - it does not seem to be technically feasible to add free goods by using screen 'Additional data'. The field that determines free goods must be somewhere in the main table control in VA01. We ended up using the field VBAP-DELCO. It was a rather risky solution, but it worked. If anyone finds any other way, please let me know. Thank you.