Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc intreface configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I need to configure the environment for an inbound idoc. I'm workin in an environment(EN1 Client 100) where I've created all the Function Modules for processing. Now there's a Partner Profile P1 in client 200 that needs the new idoc type be added to its inbound parameter list, which requires a Process Code. To create a process code I require FM in the same client.

Is it possible to configure the client 200 for inbound parameters while all the FMs are yet in client 100?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

if in client 100 a request is being created for the process code then it will be a customizing request but not the workbench request. if in client 100 you don't have the request means you have stored in package $tmp ( in this case change the package then a request will be created which will be custiomizing request but not the workbench request).

So please check these.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Munish,

The function modules / ABAP code is client independent. You write in one client and that should be availalbe in all the clients.

However, the configuration has to be done in all the clients.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Function modules are not client dependant, if you have in client 100 it will be available in all clients.

if your client 200 is not a development client then you have to copy your process code to the client 200 from client 100 using scc1.

Regards,

Wasim Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/Wasim,

Thanks.. Only after posting the query, I realized the client independence of FMs (which had almost skipped my mind).

Cheers,

Munish

Message was edited by: Munish Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've created the process code in client 100. The client 200 gives a msg that its set to "not modifiable" sattus.

Also while creating the process code, it didnt ask for a transport request.

Now how do I take this process code to the client 200??

Thanks,

Munish

0 Kudos

Munish,

Isn't the process code you created in 100 reflecting in 200 as well?

Coming to the tr. request you should have stored in $tmp because of which it might not be prompting you for a tr. request.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manish,

if in client 100 a request is being created for the process code then it will be a customizing request but not the workbench request. if in client 100 you don't have the request means you have stored in package $tmp ( in this case change the package then a request will be created which will be custiomizing request but not the workbench request).

So please check these.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It didnt ask for a TR while I created a new entry.

I've checked the Transport Organizer too. There is'nt any customizing request.

Are there any settings to be done, so tht it creates a TR while creating new entries?? the transaction surely has options in the menu for transporting the changes but right now all are deactivated (greyed out).

Regards,

Munish

dani_mn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you create process code using we42 and save. It asks for customizing request.

Delete your process code and create it again might be it works.

other wise ask basis guy to check your client configration and customizing request.

Regards,

Wasim Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks Everyone... There's some config problem. Thats why the data creation isnt getting logged under a transport request.

In the transaction SCC4, an option for recording the changes have to be selected. Which in my case, hasn't been done.

Cheers,

Munish