Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hyper link in SE38 documenation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within SE38(GOTO->DOCUMENTATION), Iu2019m creating some documentation for the users, however I want to include a table with different fields and the explanation for the same. But I canu2019t insert a table in this, so I want to create a Hyper link to the word document which I want to keep in a central file server(not SAP server).

So how to create a link in the documentation, by clicking on it, it should open the word document in the file server, so that user can read the detailed document.

Cheers,

Srini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct way of giving the hyperlink for the External file. You can give the hyper link for the other documentation or something like this.

To open a external file, you can follow this workaround:

1. Create a program to open your file. You might have to use some Frontend services to open your file in this program

2. Attach a transaction to this program

3. Now, in the documentation insert this transaction by :

Insert > Link

Select Transaction link in the document calss

Give yoru transaction code in the next box.

Now, when you click on the link it will run the other transaction and it will open the external file.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no direct way of giving the hyperlink for the External file. You can give the hyper link for the other documentation or something like this.

To open a external file, you can follow this workaround:

1. Create a program to open your file. You might have to use some Frontend services to open your file in this program

2. Attach a transaction to this program

3. Now, in the documentation insert this transaction by :

Insert > Link

Select Transaction link in the document calss

Give yoru transaction code in the next box.

Now, when you click on the link it will run the other transaction and it will open the external file.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Thank you Naimesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Just to add Naimesh.

Try like this also.

Goto -> Documentation -> Insert -> Link

Select 'Online execution of a report' in the document class.

Type 'ZTEST' in report field.

Type some text.

Now in report 'ZTEST', use below statements.

REPORT ZTEST.

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_RUN'

EXPORTING

command = 'C:\Document.doc'. <--- In C: Keep ur word file.

Thanks..