Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport an object individually in LSMW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement to transport a single LSMW Object but not the entire project. Generally when we include a object, the entire project will be captured in the transport request but not a single object.

Can anybody please help me out to find out the process of including a single Object in Trasnport request rather than entire project.

Thanks in advance,

Sankar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible with a transport, but certainly possible with export/import

10 REPLIES 10

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not available in the standard, you can use the rather fragile download/upload feature via flat files, write your own program to transport single objects (some settings are on project level though!), or live with the limitation.

Thomas

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible with a transport, but certainly possible with export/import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Al,

Thanks a lot for your valuable answers. I know that we can do this with the help of export and import but can't be done with Transport. But I was told that there is a way to include individulal object in the transport reqeust. So wanted to cross check with experts.

Thanks,

Sankar.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can, if you know the table dependencies of LSMW. Study the contents of a transport generated via the LSMW standard function (that packs the entire project' content), you will find a lot of "/SAPDMC/..." table entries that you can edit to your liking, if you know what you are doing.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you mean if we can do a thorough study of the TR contents, and deleting the unwanted entries from the TR, we can achieve this. Did i get you correctly?

Thanks,

Sankar.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, don't delete entries, just edit the table keys, e.g. replacing the "*" in subproject and object fields of /SAPDMC/LSO... tables with the actual names to achieve transport of single objects only.

I have written an ABAP that does exactly this, allow transport of single objects together with the overall project settings, works OK since a while. You need coordination if there is several people working on different objects of an LSMW project, because of the common settings (no different than when using export/import)

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have checked the table and the fields. As you mentioned, /SAPDMC/LSOATT is the table in which we need to manipulate the key. Let me give a try with this.

You said, you have written some abap code to achieve this. If possible, can you please throw some light on what you have done.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs.

Best regards,

Sankar.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a few words, I had to find out which tables the LSMW uses, which ones are on project, subproject and object level, and how an LSMW generated transport for an entire project looks like. Then I had to take the project, subproject and object to be transported as input parameters and prepare the table keys in E071K accordingly and feed them into function module TR_REQUEST_CHOICE.

Sorry, I cannot disclose more, as this program is owned by a previous customer

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. This surely helps. Can make out a proram with your words.

Thanks again,

Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. This surely helps. Can make out a proram with your words.

Thanks again,

Sankar.