Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to highlight a wrong raw in SM30 event 01 before save?

former_member238860
Discoverer

Hi experts!

I'm wondering if it possible in SM30 table maintenance generator, in event 01 before save, to highlight a wrong raw (by my own custom condition, for example salary > 1000 USD)? How to position the cursor into the wrong row to allow user to fix it?

For now I can show an error message in the bottom and abort saving, but it is not clear which row exactly should be fixed. So I have to show an key value in error massage.

Is possible to make the same behavior like when the date cell contains wrong value? (in that case system by default navigate user to exact row).

Example: 01 event contains the check to prevent saving rows with salary > 1000 usd.

<Surname> <Salary>

Johnson 100

Jones 200

Smith 1,500 <- How to highlight this row?

Williams 300

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

srikanthnalluri
Active Participant

You can change the TMG's screen PAI and handle this. Added MODULE after the FIELD to handle the logic.

FIELD zsn_emp1-extid MODULE check_extid.<br>

sm30.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

srikanthnalluri
Active Participant

You can change the TMG's screen PAI and handle this. Added MODULE after the FIELD to handle the logic.

FIELD zsn_emp1-extid MODULE check_extid.<br>

sm30.jpg

ashelk
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nalluri,

would you be so kind to post the code of the MODULE check_extid which implements the logic of highlighting the row(s) with some condition and makes appropriate updates of the TMG, I could not make it working.

Thank you.