Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Exception to an existing Method which is showing as Grayed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to add an exception to a method which is Public showing as grayed out. When I click on Exceptions button and changed to Change mode, still showing up grayed out empty fields. Please assist me how to add an exception to existing method.

Thanks,

Prashanth

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

Does that method belong to a super class ?

Does that method belong to an interface ?

Is this a standard or a custom WD ?

If it is a standard, can you tell me its ID please.

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

Thank you for your reply.

The custom method belongs to an interface and the interface is the customized one.

Thanks,

Prashanth

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be some message displayed in the status bar i.e where to change it

kesav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

then that explains it.

You can't add new parameters or exceptions to a method that belongs an interface, if that method is being implemented on a new class.

To add new parameters or exceptions to this method, you need to go to its origin.

That is - the Interface.

It is on the interface that you need to apply that change, and then all the classes that implement this interface will have these new settings reflected on its methods.

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

As per your suggestion, when i was trying to add exception in interface still not allowing to add (grayed out after click on change). Getting status message:

You cannot edit proxy objects (see long text)

Message no. OO631

Thanks,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth

Please check this:

Kind Regards

/Ricardo Quintas

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

As you know that proxy objects(interfaces) are generated in the transaction SPROXY and we implement it in a class in sproxy itself. Generally we regenerate the interface( not tired to modify the generated parameters in the interface).

There are two documents in sap please check it.

[You can display and edit ABAP proxy objects using the Enterprise Services Repository Browser|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/b3/96bcc5a5e3457a84e907c371e88fcb/content.htm]

[You cannot change ABAP proxy objects manually in the SAP system|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/585f3c482a7331e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Kesav