Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Search Help which selects some rows from a table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I'm trying to be specific.

I have a parameter with a search help that shows columns BUKRS and BUTXT for ALL rows form the table T001. What I need is restrict the search help to show only three Values: BUKRS = 1000 BUKRS = 2000 BUKRS = 3000. This is like a search help with a SELECT sentence. How do I do it?

7 REPLIES 7

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The search help should be based on a Z-view, in the view (for table T001) you can implement the desired selection criteria (on the most right tab of the SE11 settings).

Thomas

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

you can go through thomas sir's suggestion. But my suggestion is If you are working in a custom Report , dont change it at Table level or Domail Level., Instead, use Function Module for Custom F4 help.,

AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR p_bukrs.

CALL FM F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST.

check this help for your reference: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9f/dbaac935c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm.

If you are using Standard Report Check for Exits.

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you can filter it in report as mentioned above or if you have made a search help explicityly in SE11 than you can use the concept of search help exit.

Nabheet

0 Kudos

if your company codes are fixed only 3 you can create a domain containing 3 company code values and description, else using the z-view is good option.

0 Kudos

You Can have Search help exit attached to your search help, with the proper select .

Check out the search help exit format (Standard FM) to create your own

Regards

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the following link might e helpfull to you for search help[ click here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/cf/21ee52446011d189700000e8322d00/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do what kirankumar Reddy, Suggests.

regards,

Kiran