Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the Comments in SE38 Display Mode

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Is it possible to Hide the comments when a program is seen in uneditable mode either in SE38 or SE80.I am using 4.7.

If not in 4.7 kindly let me know if any of the upcoming versions have this facility.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think its possible to hide the comments in editable ot uneditable mode.

In the new ABAP editor you can hide the lines in a group but still the first line of the comment will be shown

Thanks & Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot hide the comments in any of the SAP versions. they will be displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think its possible to hide the comments in editable ot uneditable mode.

In the new ABAP editor you can hide the lines in a group but still the first line of the comment will be shown

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its impossible to hide the comments in 4.7.

Even in ECC 6.0/ABAP new editor its not possible but you can change the color of the comment. You can hide it by selecting White as the foreground and background color, but it will show the comment lines as empty lines.

Note that even that can be viewed by selecting the empty lines using mouse.

May we know why you want to hide the comments?

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

Karthik,

Thanks for the info.Yet to explore ECC 6.0.

When a program has undergone so many changes over a period of time with some parts of code commented here and there with documentation and other stuff,I thought it will be nice if SAP provides us an option of viewing the program by hiding/unhiding the comments.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

But comments are really helpful to increase the readability of a program. So if you use comments efficiently then you don't have to hide them.

Regards

Karthik D

0 Kudos

I would distinguish between the type of explanatory comments that Karthik refers to and those that pile up after many program changes where obsolete code is commented out and replaced. I think in the latter case those comments should be deleted once they make the program unreadable, you still have the version history if you want to look at the old stuff.

Also I don't know a way to hide comments in the standard editor window.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thomas,

" I think in the latter case those comments should be deleted once they make the program unreadable, you still have the version history if you want to look at the old stuff".

Yes,you are right.As Developers keep on changing the above said thing can't be guaranteed.Hope someone from SAP is reading this :-).

Thanks,

K.Kiran.