Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F8 doesn't work in the abap workbench anymore...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey there

i got the following problem:

i copied a program code and tables into another sap system and if i want to start the copied programm in the abap workbench with F8 it doenst show up... if i start the program calling it with the transaction code it works... i really don't know what to do.

thx in advance

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you expalin again?

is it F4 or F8?

Regards,

Madan.

0 Kudos

its the F8 button. i want to start the programm in the abap workbench, pushing F8 and that doesnt start it... the F8 button works correctly in other programms, it has to do something with that copied programm, but i don't know what, because it works if i start the program with the transaction code.

😕

0 Kudos

Rafe,

Before pressing F8 give /h and enable the screen debugging.

Once the debugging is on press F8 and check at

sy-ucomm = ONLI.You will get some lead.

K.Kiran.

0 Kudos

sy-ucomm is all the time WB_EXEC and i cant change its value... or what exactly did you want me to do? and does anyone else got a clue why that program won't start when pushing F8 in the abap workbench?

thx for every post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any code like load of program ( Event ) in your report?

If it is there then sone one have written some code like if sy-tcode is 'Z...' then only it will process other wise it won't.

Hope that is the problem.

display your report and check for the load of program event..

REgards,

Madan.

Edited by: madan mohan reddy on May 8, 2008 2:16 PM

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your program type..dat is whether it is an executable program or module pool. I think ur program might be type 'M' which can only be started using tcode and not directly..

plz reward points if this helps

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

alos in program attributes check whether check box start using variant is checked or not

0 Kudos

only 2 checks

is your program is type ''M''

is your program is fully active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to the attribute and see the program type if it is not executable program then it will ask for tcode .

so make it executable program and then run pressing F8.

It will surely run .

Reward some points.

bye,

anomitro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your program type..

Whether it is an executable program or module pool.

You can check this in (GOTO -> Attributes -

Type )

If your Prgram TYpe is Module Pool, it cannot be run by F8, but only thru tcode for it.

Reward if useful.

Regards,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

program type is "exectuable program" but the checkbox start using variant is not checked...

also i do not call another programm or something like that...

weird thing but thx for all ur help so far