Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define New Class Types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

is it possible to create my own Class Types? When it's possible in which TA can I do that?

thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Lakshmant1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Are you looking at tcode OLCl?

Thanks

Lakshman

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

TA OLCl does not exist. But I am working with the Classification system in R/3 called CACL.

0 Kudos

Hi daniel,

It's O1CL.

Thanks

Lakshman

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

found the Transaction. But I cannot add a new entry there. When I enter a new name I get an error that it could not be found. But I went to Menu new entries.

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please refer the following steps copied from SPRO transaction.

SPRO->Cross-Application Components->Classification System->Classes->Maintain Object Types and Class Types. Then click on the Documentation icon.

Defining new classifiable object types

Prequisites:

Define the object key of the object in Maintain Object Keys. You can display possible entries for the key fields. You see all key fields in structure RMCLX. If the key fields of the new object type are not in structure RMCLX, you must assign them to structure RMCLY. Structure RMCLY is embedded in structure RMCLX and defined for customers.

The key fields for entering the object key are displayed in the assignment functions in the Classification System. You must define special subscreens for the object key and embed them in the assignment screens (see Defining Subscreens).

Create a function module that checks whether the object that you are are classifying exists and is valid (see Function Module Object_Check).

If you want to classify your object in its master record, call function module CLFM_OBJECT_CLASSIFICATION from the application for the object.

Procedure for Customizing the Classification System

1. Starting from the list of classifiable object types, choose New entries.

Enter the object table and a description for the object type.

Save your entries.

2. Enter the detail data for the object table.

Enter the numbers of the subscreens for assignment functions.

Select the screens that you want to process in classes of this object type.

Defining class types

1. Select the object table for which you want to create a new class type. Go to the class types overview.

2. Choose New entries.

You see the detail screen for settings for a class type.

a) Enter a name for your class type.

This name can contain letters and figures, and must contain at least one letter.

b) Enter a description for your class type.

c) Enter the object table for the class type.

d) Select the screens you want to process in classes of this class type.

e) Define how changes to classification data are recorded.

f) Select settings for classification.

Each object type must have exactly one standard class type.

Each object type can have just one distribution class type.

3. Confirm your entries and return to the class types overview.

Save your new entry.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Lakshman

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshman,

thanks for the detailed instructions. But I'm stucking at the point where I Maintain Object Keys. In that menu and there is no entry called RMCLX or RMCLY. Plus the entries all have a blue background (meaning I cannot edit them).

thanks for your help.