Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Messages in Dialog Programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a field on my Screen 200 which is date format type NUMC with 6 character length and output is 7.

When displayed on the screen it displays by default "00.0000".

When I errase it and press enter I get error message "Cannot reset the entry" for this field.

How can i over come this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you show what data declaration you have done ? or which field refrence you have given for the date field ?

Regards,

Madhukar Shetty

8 REPLIES 8

former_member242255
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please debug and see from where the message is coming...also check the field properties on the screen attributes....

0 Kudos

Message is a standard message.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen

Check the attributes of your screen field whether you can suppress the output of initial values.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

No, there is not such type of attribute for supressing the values

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you show what data declaration you have done ? or which field refrence you have given for the date field ?

Regards,

Madhukar Shetty

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined a copied Domain LONV_CONV wot YY_LONV_CONV which is NUMC legth in 6 output length is 7.

I have conversion exit ALV1.

Copied ALV1 conversion exit to YALV1 and did some modifications to the same.

On the screen for the field referencing to this Domian has a problem.

When login to screen data would be displayed as "00.0000" because of conversion exit.

When I errase this value "00.0000" and press enter i get error message as "Cannot reset the entry".

Which is SAP error message.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the screen and field attributes of the date field there is a property in PROGRAM TAB --> WITHOUT RESET just remove this tick mark .

Regards,

Madhukar Shetty

0 Kudos

Thanks.

Solved the problem