Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning multiple fields from a search help

Former Member

Hi All,

Is it possible to assign the data from a search help to multiple fields on a selection screen ?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i am not wrong what you want to do is.

suppose you have 4 fields on selection screen and wants that if you select a value for one of the field from search help then the value in other 3 fields should come automatically. right?

if yes then what you can do is:

write a code in at selection-screen event.

and select values in other fields from there respective table with keeping first field in where condition.

but all the fields should be related to first field, means if field 2/3 and field4 are from different tables then these tables should have the field1 in it. so that you can compare the values.

thanks

Lalit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this.

Using the function module "DYNP_VALUES_READ" get the value from the selection screen field (populated using F4 help) and populate the remaining selection fields according to your requirement.

Hope this may be helpful.

Regards,

Sharin.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it a search help created in SE11 or created through F4 help in program ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying people.

Lalit, I have tried the At Selection-Screen events.But there is no event that will be called right after an F4 help.

So that option didnt work out.

Sharin, same case as the selection screen events. I need the other fields populated simultaneously with the search help field.

Anyway, I have figured out how its done and its pretty simple.

Doesnt require any coding.

Basically the fields on the selection-screen have to be assigned the same 'type' as the table fields .

eg: Parameters: P1 type table-field1,

P2 type table-field2.