Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message while creating text object

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to create a text object and text id's for an application. I go to se75 to do this and make a text object called ZABC and upon save I get an informational message saying the following:

Observe name ranges: Y,Z for customers, J_NC for partners, A..X for SAP

When I click the green checkbox, it pops up another box saying the object is not within the valid name range. Save anyway?

I tried creating one with Z_ABC and that came up with the same thing. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably thera are some particular name area implemented in your system (see them by trx SE03), so trx SE75 is considering your system as PARTNER system, and so the name of the object shoudl begin with J_NC where N is a number a C is char.

I consider this behavior as a bug, because it needs to create a Customer Objet and not a Partner Object, anyway it's just a warning so u can create your Z-Object

Max

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably thera are some particular name area implemented in your system (see them by trx SE03), so trx SE75 is considering your system as PARTNER system, and so the name of the object shoudl begin with J_NC where N is a number a C is char.

I consider this behavior as a bug, because it needs to create a Customer Objet and not a Partner Object, anyway it's just a warning so u can create your Z-Object

Max

0 Kudos

Read the information message carefully. Then proceed, if you intend to have custom "standard" texts (sort of an oxymoron, but everyplace I've been does this)...

If you are working in a customer system, only create standard texts using the following naming convention:

Initial letter Y or Z in the text name with any text ID

or

Initial letter Y or Z in the text ID with any text name