Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of SM30

0 Kudos

Hello, colleagues.

I have a question regarding enhancement of standard transaction SM30. I need to run custom code every time data are changed via SM30, but this code needs to be executed globaly for all maintenance views, not only over certain maintenance, so for example modification with use of Events is not sufficient.
Any idea or tip, how should i proceed?

Thank you very much for any suggestion.

With best regards,
Jindřich

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rgore
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure, whether you would be able to create an implicit enhancement in the BASIS include but still you could check the subroutine PREPARE_SAVING in the function group SVIM.

If possible, create an implicit enhancement at the start of subroutine, where the internal table TOTAL[] would contain all Insert/Update/Delete records.

You should be very cautious, as your code would trigger for every views / viewclusters where colleagues will try to maintain the customizing data through SM30/SM34 transaction.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakshith Gore

7 REPLIES 7

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

enhancement of standard?

0 Kudos

sandra.rossi Hello. What's wrong with that?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry, I meant, isn't it possible to enhance the standard at the place where the event 02 (after save) is called?

rgore
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I am not sure, whether you would be able to create an implicit enhancement in the BASIS include but still you could check the subroutine PREPARE_SAVING in the function group SVIM.

If possible, create an implicit enhancement at the start of subroutine, where the internal table TOTAL[] would contain all Insert/Update/Delete records.

You should be very cautious, as your code would trigger for every views / viewclusters where colleagues will try to maintain the customizing data through SM30/SM34 transaction.

Thanks & Regards,

Rakshith Gore

0 Kudos

Hi rakshithgore ,
thank you very much for responding and giving me directions.

I am grateful to you.

With best regards,
Jindřich

matt
Active Contributor

I'm puzzled by what you mean "but this code needs to be executed globally for all maintenance views"

You can do anything you like in the events - including changing the contents of other tables.

Do you mean literally every maintenance view on the system? Or just the ones relevant to your application?

Really, more details and perhaps an example of what you want to happen would help.

0 Kudos

Hello matthew.billingham ,
thank you for commenting. You've got right, i had meant for every maintenance view on the system.

With best regards,
Jindřich