Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED with memory empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm with problem. My Z prog was giving dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED but memory is empty.

I'm trying append from internal table A to internal table B. I just has 1000.000 of records. Another internal table and structures used in program are clear.

Why it's occur? And how can i solved it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In such cases I frequently check my memory usage, with SM04 transaction (in Goto-Memory menu).

In our system, the max usable memory is 2Gb, if I exceed it sometimes, then I rewrite the program a bit...

Reduce the number of unneccesary columns in the internal tables, and so on...

Regards

Tamá

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo Kenji Matsunaga,

Please see the notes mentioned below :-

Note 600176 - GD13: Dump TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED due to memory problems

Regards,

Md Ziauddin

former_member226519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask your basis guys to enlarge the table space

Former Member
0 Kudos

or you can see the notes below:-

Note 406647 - FI-SL drilldown reporting: TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

MD ZIAUDDIN

Note 600176 is for TCODE GD13. It's not my problem.

Note 406647 is for report drilldrown. Not my case too.

Volker Binder

It's not memory problem. My memory is clean.

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say "Another internal table and structures used in program are clear" are you sure? Using the clear or refresh command is not enough you must use FREE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

In such cases I frequently check my memory usage, with SM04 transaction (in Goto-Memory menu).

In our system, the max usable memory is 2Gb, if I exceed it sometimes, then I rewrite the program a bit...

Reduce the number of unneccesary columns in the internal tables, and so on...

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using any function modules to read your data?

mrio_espinheira
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think it's very reasonable to have any internal table store 1 million records. You should optimize and change your code and process less amounts of data at the same time.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using FREE command and select data with SELECT. I'm not using any function module.

I analyse process with TCODE SM04, as say Tamás. My internal table is for to generate a file for outbound interface. This internal table is declared like char of 1000 positions. I will change this for 500 positions. After i do this modification, i post result here.

Thank's all!

0 Kudos

Hi friend!

Did you look this blog?

/people/rajeev.p/blog/2010/07/31/top-10-abap-dumps

"2) TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

The error TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED means that more memory was requested by the system because the program needed to expand an internal table, but not is available. When Extended Memory is completely used up, the process will go into PRIV mode and it will starts using Heap Memory in case of Windows or vice versa in case of Unix. Once this enters into PRIV mode, no other user will be able to use the corresponding work process. If there is enough memory for it to finish, you will not see the error.

Please refer the following SAP notes:

SAP Note 649327 - Analysis of memory consumption.

SAP Note 20527 - Runtime error TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

SAP Note 185185 - Application: Analysis of memory bottlenecks

SAP Note 369726 - TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED "

Maybe basis team have to expand memory config for internal tables.

Best regards!

Rodrigo Paisante

0 Kudos

Resolved!

I reduced number of characters from field (like i said in previous post) and it's work very good.

Thank's!

0 Kudos

I have tried whatever solutions have been mentioned here, but still we are facing the issue. Though I have raised a message to SAP but they haven't replied in last 2 weeks.

Any other trick guys which could work?

0 Kudos

Hi Shivang,

if you are on a unicode system, the memory size for CHAR will always double. You can try to put the data in HEX (type x) fields - this will reduce.

I don't know you data: If you put it into table of STRING or better XSTRING, you can get rid of unused memory.

Regards

Clemens