Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Gurus!!!

Can anyone explains to me about following DUMP , i am getting in ALV.

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_GUI_ALV_TREE===============CP" raised the

exception

condition "NODE_NOT_FOUND".

Since the exception was not intercepted by a superior

program, processing was terminated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

without seeing how you are using the alv tree, it is hard to say. What appears to me is you are attempting to access a node from the alv tree class that doesn't exist.

I suspect you are calling a method of the class from inside a loop, but can't tell from your description.

Will need more information to assist you. Unfortunately, we may not be able to assist you at all, give runtime dumps are really difficult to diagnose without the ability to debug the application.

Suggest you step iteration by iteration till you see exactly what is causing the node not found exception.

Good programming technique calls for a try - catch block as well.

Hope this helps

Quack

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

without seeing how you are using the alv tree, it is hard to say. What appears to me is you are attempting to access a node from the alv tree class that doesn't exist.

I suspect you are calling a method of the class from inside a loop, but can't tell from your description.

Will need more information to assist you. Unfortunately, we may not be able to assist you at all, give runtime dumps are really difficult to diagnose without the ability to debug the application.

Suggest you step iteration by iteration till you see exactly what is causing the node not found exception.

Good programming technique calls for a try - catch block as well.

Hope this helps

Quack

Former Member
0 Kudos

this looks like you have a Child node that references a Parent node that doesn't exist.

you should take a dump of your internal table into Excel right before you call your ALV tree and analyze to see if you have a missing parent node.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Population of Nodes is not proper, i can see from your dump description.

Regards

Vijay