Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Name in XD03 is 40 Char Length and in KNA1 35

Yasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Customer name on XD03 is 40 CHAR length while it 35 Length only in KNA1 table

there is 5 characters missing fr om the customer name when i get it from KNA1 table

comparing with the name on XD01

Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

p244500
Active Contributor

Hi,

If your ECC 6.0 to you can get customer name using KNA1 table but it will be 35 character , if you need 40 character ADRC is the table name you can get 40 character name .

Regard,

Nawa.

5 REPLIES 5

bruce_hartley
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can't find any table name that starts with X - what kind of object is XD03 or XD01 since you mention both. The data element for field NAME1 is NAME1_GP which is 35 characters which explains why it's that long there. I have seen instances in SAP where the same domain wasn't used on the same type of data in two or more tables and one runs into comparison/searching issues. We are on 740 here.

Yasin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

XD03 is Customer Master Data Display,

XD01 Enter new customer, you can enter up to 40 Characters

0 Kudos

ok - now I get it - XD01 and XD03 are transactions., sorry that slipped my mind. I checked it out and what Nawanandana Edirisinghe said below is correct - it's using the NAME1 field in ADRC which has the domain AD_NAME1 which is 40 characters long. So as suggested, use the field NAME1 from the ADRC table if you need the 40 character version. The only pain in the neck thing about this is that you will have to do a join to ADRC via field ADRNR to get to the field NAME1 in ADRC.

p244500
Active Contributor

Hi,

If your ECC 6.0 to you can get customer name using KNA1 table but it will be 35 character , if you need 40 character ADRC is the table name you can get 40 character name .

Regard,

Nawa.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at a view such as SDCUSTVIEW1 (KNA1, ADRC, ADR6) or perform some search on central address management.