Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer exit to modify long text icon

massimiliano_riva
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

as you already know, I'm trying to make a program to modify the icon long text in reference to the number of digits in the long text.

I have found the enhancement SEUMP001 with function exit EXIT_SAPLSMPE_002, I have created the include ZXseuu11 and I have written the follow program:

IF rsmpe-menu = 30 .

rsmpe-icon_id = ' '.

ENDIF.

(that is the nuber of digit in the long text is equal 30 let the icon be blank else let the icon be underlined because in the standard program the icon long text remains blank unless the user write in).

But I receveid the following error when I execute the syntax check:'Field "RSMPE-MENU" is unknown.' Why?How must I write this program in according to the importing structure 'RSMPE-STATUS'? Thanks in advance bye

Maximilian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the EXIT_SAPLSMPE_002 does not have RSMPE-MENU as an importing parameter, and the value is not available in the program. The only value passed to the FM is OBJECT (RSMPE-STATUS).

You can use the importing parameter instead, as:

IF object = 30.

ENDIF.

Hope this helps.

Sudha

Message was edited by:

Sudha Mohan

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like the EXIT_SAPLSMPE_002 does not have RSMPE-MENU as an importing parameter, and the value is not available in the program. The only value passed to the FM is OBJECT (RSMPE-STATUS).

You can use the importing parameter instead, as:

IF object = 30.

ENDIF.

Hope this helps.

Sudha

Message was edited by:

Sudha Mohan

0 Kudos

Thank you Sudha,

now the error message is missed but perhaps I have not used the correct enhancement because I don't know how I must write the remaining part of program...

However thank you for your kind bye

maximilian

0 Kudos

Glad I could help. If you are not able to find an exit for the purpose, you could check if the value of MENU could be retrieved from a database table based on the STATUS value from the FM.

Hope this helps.

Sudha