Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consuming webservice in SAP behind firewall?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to call some outside webservices from SAP ECC6 (version: EHP4 / NW7.01) after vendor creation in XK01 and po released in ME28. Considering security reason, our SAP system is for intranet access only, behind our firewall. So it's not possible to consume the webservices directly in SAP, then what's the best way to fulfill that? We are thinking of using an intermediate server to transmit requests between SAP and outside webservices, but it looks not a regular way. And because we also have plans to share data from SAP and show them in multiple devices including mobile devices, I'm wondering whether SAP has such tools or components.

I once tried SAP Gateway trial version but failed to integrate it with our SAP systems as seems there are only few tutorials available on the net and I also know little about the license issue. We've no much money to invest now:(.

Could anyone please give me a suggestion what's the best and economic way? Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems no one interested on that, so I'm using intermediate server and it works.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems no one interested on that, so I'm using intermediate server and it works.