Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use RFC to transfer data from sap to non sap system

b_s_charumathi17
Explorer
0 Kudos

what is the difference between rfc and proxy. Can we use RFC to transfer data to non sap system?

Regards,Charumathi B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello b_s_charumathi17

A general question mandates a general answer.Yes, it is possible to use RFC to transfer data from to non SAP system in two ways

• pull - the transfer is initiated by the non SAP system, which calls an RFC function in the SAP system to pull the data from there. SAP system is an RFC server / provider; non SAP system is an RFC client / consumer.
  • push - the transfer is initiated by the SAP system, which calls an RFC function in the non SAP system to push the data there. Non SAP system is an RFC server / provider; SAP system is an RFC client / consumer.

In either case non SAP system needs to implement RFC communication. See the page https://support.sap.com/en/product/connectors.html for different options to implement it. Personally I find SAP Business Connector a very good, free of charge option to build integrations.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

2 REPLIES 2

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello b_s_charumathi17

A general question mandates a general answer.Yes, it is possible to use RFC to transfer data from to non SAP system in two ways

• pull - the transfer is initiated by the non SAP system, which calls an RFC function in the SAP system to pull the data from there. SAP system is an RFC server / provider; non SAP system is an RFC client / consumer.
  • push - the transfer is initiated by the SAP system, which calls an RFC function in the non SAP system to push the data there. Non SAP system is an RFC server / provider; SAP system is an RFC client / consumer.

In either case non SAP system needs to implement RFC communication. See the page https://support.sap.com/en/product/connectors.html for different options to implement it. Personally I find SAP Business Connector a very good, free of charge option to build integrations.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

thank you. I have two more doubts .Please help me in the below

1.who will establish the RFC connection. An Abaper or Basis team.

2.Then Why we go for proxies