Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling a BADI into Another Badi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have a requirement that i have to call a badi in to another badi. can u pls provide some sample code about how to use.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>requirement that i have to call a badi in to another badi?

As far as I know, once you create an implementation in SE19 & activate it, the code gets triggered wherever the BAdI is placed by SAP.. I don't think there is any need for an epxlicit call.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ajay,

Check out these threads,

Regards,

Santosh

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay

Assuming the "outer" call of the implemented BAdI happened while executing a SAP standard transaction for which the BAdI has been implemented and activated.

If you want to call another BAdI implementation ("inner") from within the current BAdI implementation [whether this makes sense or not is another point] you have to create an instance of this BAdI and then you can call its methods.

Regards

Uwe

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Techincally, a badi is just another interface. you need to implement and call its methods after you create an object for a class that implements it.

call method <object>-><method>

exporting

importing

BUt calling a badi in another badi makes no sense.

Regards,

ravi

sunilachyut
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if its a BADI in BADI or a class method in a BADI. I dont think you can do coz the BADI calls are standard code.

hith

Sunil Achyut