Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call a transaction with existing variant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would want to call a transaction for sevaral times with existing variants. Could any one help me in this regard.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I thin It will be better to use SUBMIT AND RETURN.. instead of call transaction

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I thin It will be better to use SUBMIT AND RETURN.. instead of call transaction

0 Kudos

can i use variant name with submit. if so could u tell me the syntax or code

0 Kudos

Hi venkata,

1. simple

SUBMIT programname <b>using SELECTION-SET 'A'.</b>

regards,

amit m.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Check this info.

If you often run the same program with the same set of selections (for example, to create a monthly statistical report), you can save the values in a selection set called a variant.

You can create any number of variants for any program in which selection screens are defined. Variants are assigned exclusively to the program for which they were created.

You can also use variants to change the appearance of the selection screen by hiding selection criteria. This is particularly useful when you are working with large selection screens on which not all of the fields are relevant.

Reports, module pools, and function groups may have several selection screens. It is therefore possible to create a variant for more than one selection screen.

Variants are an interface between the user and the selection screen. They can be used both in dialog and in background mode, although their uses are slightly different.

Variants in Dialog Mode

In dialog mode, variants make things easier for the user, since they save him or her from continually having to enter identical values. They can also make the selection screen easier to read, because you can use them to hide input fields. Running an executable program with a variant containing an optimal set of values also reduces the capacity for user error. The optimized database selections speed up the runtime of the program.

Variants in Background Mode

Variants are the only method for passing values to a report program in a background job. Therefore, when you run a program in the background, you must use a variant (or SUBMIT... VIA JOB). To avoid you having to create a new variant each time you run the report, ABAP contains a mechanism allowing you to pass variable values to variants. See variable values in variants.

To ensure that an executable program is always started using a variant, you can specify in the program attributes that the program may only be started in this way.

Hope this resolves your query.

Reward all the helpful answers.

Regards