Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for creating customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need to use a BAPI for creating a customer in a program. I went through BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA1 but it does not have the provision to enter accounting information (eg Recon account etc). Is there a BAPI which has all the fields that I can use?.

<removed_by_moderator>

Regards

Veena

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 26, 2008 9:11 AM

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the program RFBIDE00 to upload the customer Data .

Read the Program Documentation of the program, how to use etc,..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL.

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veena,

i would suggest you prefer LSMW for vendor or customer creation it will be most esiast way to do that specially in that senario.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veena,

BAPI BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA1 does have provision to enter Reconciliation Account in General Ledger. Check field CONTROL_ACCOUNT of BAPIKNA105.

Regards,

Rakesh

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Veena

Using BAPI_CUSTOMER_CHANGEFROMDATA1 you must provide a reference customer of which all the accouting data are copied to the new customer. While some see this as a serious restriction I used this BAPI about two years ago for a customer project where new customers could register themselves via Webservice. The data were forwared via SAP-XI to the BAPI which eventually created the new debitor (using a certain reference customer).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

IS ist possible to create a customer via BAPI from a external system?