Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to find appropriate BADI for a particular transaction? Currently I am learning BADI so this is my first query regarding this.

Regards,

Dilip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options .

Either search in OSS with <tcode> and "BADI" texts.

Or Goto Se18 -> F4 -> Application Hier -> Branch to the application to which your transaction belongs .

( For example ME21N belongs to MM-PUR ).

If you find more than one badi , read badi documentation for usage or goto OSS to see if any consulting notes are available .

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have two options .

Either search in OSS with <tcode> and "BADI" texts.

Or Goto Se18 -> F4 -> Application Hier -> Branch to the application to which your transaction belongs .

( For example ME21N belongs to MM-PUR ).

If you find more than one badi , read badi documentation for usage or goto OSS to see if any consulting notes are available .

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

This is my first reply and learning from experts, and wanted to be like them..

So what you do is.. from the main menu, go to tools, abap workbench, overview, application hierarchy, and there you can expand the node for eg MM, click and select information system. YOu can see the repository information systems. go to Environment, exit techniques and BADIs.. You can select from there which BAdi you wanted to use and read the appropirate document connected with it. You have to implement the BADI before you use them..

Hope I have cleared your answer..

Regards,

-Ashok Hansraj