Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI - Implementation - 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a custom implementation created for the standard badi - HR_FAST_ACTION_CHECK and included the code to check the fast entry action in PA42. When I run the PA42 (fast entry) action in the debug mode, I do not see this badi getting called. I am pretty sure that I have the used the right badi for customization.

What am I doing incorrectly? Can anyone help me out here to resolve this?

I would really appreciate the assistance,

thanks

VG

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you activate its implementation?

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, if you're really sure this is the correct BAdI, than all you can do is check:

1. Implementation active?

2. Does it have a filter value?

3. Multiple use BAdi (important if your BAdI is not yet active).

P.S. When BAdI is not called in active implementation when i debug, than my guess would be that it is not the correct BAdI!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Yes. I activated the custom implementation. As a matter of fact when I type the BADI definition in se18 and list all the implementations. I can find the custom implementation. It also has the filter value ( custom one) after which it allowed me to update the method in the interface. I activated them all without errors.

I put several break points within the custom badi implementation and ran through the transaction PA42. It did not stop there. I could not find the trace of the badi being called.

Under SPRO (4.6C) he mentions that this badi can be used for customizing the fast entry actions for pA42.

I want to make sure that I am not missing something.

Thanks

VG

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinu,

looks to me that you're not missing a thing. I'm out of suggestions (for now). I'm not able to check this, since I don't have a system at hand right now.

Good luck anyway.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did an enhancement of the standard badi. Custom implementation of the standard badi.

Just FYI. Let me know if I am missing some piece that is caousing this problem.

Thanks once again...

VG

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the BADI working.

VG