Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATC Excemptions and System Copies

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to find information on how to handle ATC exemptions in the context of system copies.

I have set up ATC in several system landscapes. Usually, the test system is configured as the central system for ATC. In the test system daily check runs are scheduled and the exceptions requested by the developers are managed. Additional, we regularly perform system copies from  the production system to the test system  in order to have up to date test data in our test system.

What is the best approach to handle ATC exemptions in this scenario? As far as I know, the exemptions are stored and evaluated in the central system (i.e. the test system in our setting). Is there any functionality that allows to preserve the ATC exemptions in the test system after a system copy?

Thanks,

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi all,

Let me try to answer my own question.

The best way to approach this problem is to export the ATC tables storing the exemptions prior to a system copy and reimport them afterward. A colleague from SAP was kind enough to provide me with a list of the relevant tables. Please find this list below.

Best,
Christian

ATC Exemptions:
SATC_CI_EXEMPT – exemption store
SATC_CI_EX_CHLOG – exemption history
SATC_CI_APPROVER – approvers
SATC_CI_REASONS / SATC_CI_REASONST– custom exceptions reason

ATC Results:
SATC_AC_RESULTH
SATC_AC_RESULTP
SATC_AC_RESULTPG
SATC_AC_RESULTVT
SATC_CI_CFG_SRIE

ATC Settings:
SATC_AC_CONFIG
SATC_AC_S_CONFIG
SATC_AC_S_STATE
SATC_AC_STATE
SATC_AC_USER
SATC_AC_CONTACTS
SATC_AC_NAMESPCS

Custom Check Message Priorities:
SCIPRIORITIES

6 REPLIES 6

ceedee666
Active Contributor

Hi all,

Let me try to answer my own question.

The best way to approach this problem is to export the ATC tables storing the exemptions prior to a system copy and reimport them afterward. A colleague from SAP was kind enough to provide me with a list of the relevant tables. Please find this list below.

Best,
Christian

ATC Exemptions:
SATC_CI_EXEMPT – exemption store
SATC_CI_EX_CHLOG – exemption history
SATC_CI_APPROVER – approvers
SATC_CI_REASONS / SATC_CI_REASONST– custom exceptions reason

ATC Results:
SATC_AC_RESULTH
SATC_AC_RESULTP
SATC_AC_RESULTPG
SATC_AC_RESULTVT
SATC_CI_CFG_SRIE

ATC Settings:
SATC_AC_CONFIG
SATC_AC_S_CONFIG
SATC_AC_S_STATE
SATC_AC_STATE
SATC_AC_USER
SATC_AC_CONTACTS
SATC_AC_NAMESPCS

Custom Check Message Priorities:
SCIPRIORITIES

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing Christian.

Do you perform Export / Import via ABAP stuff or via lower level utilities (e.g ORACLE, R3trans) ?

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I talk to a colleague from our SAP Basis team. They are using DB tools (Max-DB tools in our case) to ex- and import tables during system copies.

Christian

0 Kudos

Thanks Christian, it makes sense and also an ABAP based option would be useful.

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian for this information.

Do you have any updates for the list of the relevant tables from your colleague?

Meanwhile two of the listed tables are outdated: SATC_AC_CONFIG and SATC_AC_STATE, and maybe some new relevant tables have been added.

Alexander

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

unfortunately not. I even can't remember whom I ask for this information back then...

Maybe try to ask the question again.

Christian