Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal Template: Enchancement for the Category group in OOAM

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently working on Appraisal Template for the first time, I have to bring a enchancement for the Category group in OOAM t-code for weightage restriction to 100%. I had created a BADI via SE18 which follows:

1.BADI name i had entered "HRHAP00_VAL_DET ".

2.Enchancement Implementation >create>Implementation Name (zz_weightage). My doubt is if i save it throws a error message "Specify Filter types". But in Filter type it is already defined as HAP_AP_EXIT. Below that there is two fields named App.ench and short text of app. ench. I had created a App. Ench as "ZZ_WEIGHTAGE" and gave short text then saved. It is also displayed in overview screen and i had code in it.

3. Then I included those in OOHAP_BASIC and OOHAP_CATEGORY but it is not displayed in OOAM--> Category groups --> Enchancements.

I am not aware where I did the mistake. Can any one help me plz...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of, you are using old transactions for new functionality. Use the phap_* transactions instead.

How to implement and register a badi.

- Create a new implementation, assign own filter name and short text. Make sure the badi implementation is active!

- Then oohap_basic to register the enhancement.

- phap_catalog, go to the category which cantains the templates which should use the new enhancement. Go to the enhancement tab and move the implementation to available. save.

Now the entries are available on template level. No addition settings need on cat. group level.

one remark. Do not use oohap_category when you can avoid it. You can maintain all settings in the catalog (phap_catalog). Besides being more user friendly the catalog also performs all necessary business checks. If you use oohap_category you can create inconsistent data!

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of, you are using old transactions for new functionality. Use the phap_* transactions instead.

How to implement and register a badi.

- Create a new implementation, assign own filter name and short text. Make sure the badi implementation is active!

- Then oohap_basic to register the enhancement.

- phap_catalog, go to the category which cantains the templates which should use the new enhancement. Go to the enhancement tab and move the implementation to available. save.

Now the entries are available on template level. No addition settings need on cat. group level.

one remark. Do not use oohap_category when you can avoid it. You can maintain all settings in the catalog (phap_catalog). Besides being more user friendly the catalog also performs all necessary business checks. If you use oohap_category you can create inconsistent data!

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

GirieshM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The BADI hrhap_val_dat is implemented with the filter name zz_weightage. But it was not triggered earlier. Atlast we found out the cause for not triggering. when we are assigning the BADI it should be placed in value determintion field where the entry is No entry. if it is then our badi ll not be triggered instead we have to change it as optional entry or required entry then the badi gets triggered. Hope it may be useful for the newbies usind BADI. Thanks Hagen for your input.

With Regards,

Giriesh M