Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ale configuration problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please help me to complete the ale configuration for material master ans info records.

1. Is it required to do configuration in both clients or sender client is enough.

2. Is it required to distribute distribution model in sender client and receiver client.

3. in which situation we have to maintain filters and conversions in receiver client.

Please clarify my doubts so that i can complete my task successfully.

waiting for reply,

regards,

Sandeep.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 8:48 AM

Hi,

1. Is it required to do configuration in both clients or sender client is enough.

ans: this is based upon ur requirements in some times only one user is eligible to distribute the data

more over u havent mentioned whether u r sending data across different servers or under same server.

if it is in same server then client is independent so u can configruate in single client which in turn seen by all.

2. Is it required to distribute distribution model in sender client and receiver client.

NO not required, it is required when push and pull data method is used.

3. in which situation we have to maintain filters and conversions in receiver client.

suppose u r configuring for vendor master data, in that certain fields should not accessible by another client to where u r sending by that time u need to filter the field

in case if u have any doubts u let me know

waiting for reply,

s.janagar

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES

You can distribute from one side. That's enough

whenever you need to filter (restrict some data) data or want to change the data content.

For Config steps check the steps 1 to 7 in below link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/ale+configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted: Sep 15, 2008 8:48 AM

Hi,

ans: this is based upon ur requirements in some times only one user is eligible to distribute the data

more over u havent mentioned whether u r sending data across different servers or under same server.

if it is in same server then client is independent so u can configruate in single client which in turn seen by all.

NO not required, it is required when push and pull data method is used.

suppose u r configuring for vendor master data, in that certain fields should not accessible by another client to where u r sending by that time u need to filter the field

in case if u have any doubts u let me know

waiting for reply,

s.janagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the answers below to ur questions.

Configuration Part:

1. Both (Sender& Receiver) Logical Systems needs to be defined.

2. Check at the recieving system RFC Destination is created.

3. create a customer model in the sender system and distribute the same to receiving system.

Customer model can be distributed only from the sender system.

Filters are two type:

1. Data level Filter 2. Segment level filter

Data level filter can be defined in the customer model itself.

Segment level filter can be set to restict the whole segment data.

you can maintain the filters either sender system or at the receiving system.

Conversions normally used to change / convrt the data while sending from source to target.

Ex: Company Code Conversions or Unit of Measure conversions etc.

I hope almost covered here to clarify your doubts.

Cheers,

Sunil.