Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP program to download to multiple sheets on excel

jino_jose
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to download the data to excel file to application server in background. The program got three internal tables and each internal table should go to different sheet. I have tried with the Ole function and it works fine in foreground. it is not working on the background mode because of the save as required on ole. Is there a way I can implement this functionality in background mode. Is there any funtion module/ class method which allow me to  download the data to multiple sheets on excel.

Thanks,

Jo.

6 REPLIES 6

gouravkumar64
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

u try this one because The following code extracts information from SD tables VBAK, VBAP, VBEP and VBPA and inserts the results in separate worksheets of an excel spreadsheet.

which can be similar to your requirement

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/ABAP+OLE+-+Download+tables+to+multiple+worksheets+in+E...

gourav.

0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar. I have tried this and it works only on foreground not on background.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

For working in background mode you can use the following source project from SCN:  http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/abap2xlsx

It works fine!!!

Regards

Javi

0 Kudos

Thanks Javi..Send the requst for joining the project so that I can download the nuggets file.

0 Kudos

Hi Javi,

I have downloaded the program and it is working fine on the foreground. However when I try download the data to the application server it creating the file however the file is blank, Do we need to do any adjustements to down load the data to the application server. any idea,

Thanks,

Jo

0 Kudos

Please read some documentation on the project and search the forum for examples. There is also a demo program included. Try it out. 

Regards,

Shravan