Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to get content from MONI to SAP BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a student and at the moment I'm working on a project to monitor the user behaviour on 40 SAP systems with 1 SAP BW.

One source for that is the transaction st03n with the table MONI. As I know, the content from MONI can only be read out with ABAP and I haven't much experience with this programming language.

So my questions:

- Has anyone experience with reading out MONI with ABAP?

- Is it possible to get the content in a file (csv) or in a DataSource so that SAP BW can read it?

Thanks a lot for any help

Joschi

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

Check for program <b>RSSTAT20</b>

or use function <b>SAPWL_STATREC_READ_FILE</b>.

Venkat

0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

You can create a generic datasource (tocde RSO2) over the table, and export it out to BW.

A better place to post this type of quesion is the SAP Business Intelligence forum.

Cheers! Bill

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

but as far as I know you first need to create a view over the table and then create a generic datasource with this view.

But creating a view over this table isn't possible. You can only extract data from MONI with ABAP fundtions or extract the data with ABAP from the stat-files which are saved on the application-server.