Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A job can't be modified!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a periodic job that runs daily and I want to change the scheduled time. I use SM36 trying to modify it by input the name of the job, but when clicking the "Start conditions" and "Step" buttons, find the old inputs are gone. Is there anyway that we can modify an existing job other than have to create a new one?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SM37. Give the job name and user name(if known, otherwise use *). Check the box for 'Released' only. In the dates, enter current date to next date(since yours is daily), execute. You should get your list. Select the job and in the menu, 'Job-->Change'. Click on the button 'Start Condition' and change your scheduled time.

Regards,

Srinivas

8 REPLIES 8

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Try changing the job under SM37. Make sure that you are changing the one that is in "released" status.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

The problem is that the status is complete for the job on SM37.

0 Kudos

If you set it up as a periodic job, then there should be a released version of the job. Say you scheduled it today, to run everyday. And say that today's job is already complete. You have to change the "released" version of the periodic job which is under tomorrow's date. Please check for the released job under the date in which is the next time it is to run.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Now we've got another issue related to a job. The job is triggered by an event other than scheduled to run daily. And the job is complete. Is there anyway I can redefine this job with complete status and since it's not a daily job that I can not use tomorrow to list the job with release status to modify it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

You will have to copy the job. The option is availble in SE37. You can try rescheduling it as well, but I am not sure about this. Please check the options in SE37.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alternatively you can delete the released one and do a repeat scheduling on a completed job .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SM37. Give the job name and user name(if known, otherwise use *). Check the box for 'Released' only. In the dates, enter current date to next date(since yours is daily), execute. You should get your list. Select the job and in the menu, 'Job-->Change'. Click on the button 'Start Condition' and change your scheduled time.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I'm not sure if this is still an issue, but if it is you might want to check out the new Job Scheduling capabilities of SAP NetWeaver. This adds a lot of functionality to the area of job scheduling and makes a lot of things much easier to manage. You can find more information under the quick link job-scheduling on SAP Service Marketplace.

Kind regards,

Edwin Esser