cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up an SAP sandbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I am new to SAP and after doing a little bit of research I wanted to setup an ECC sandbox on a computer at home for educational/learning purposes to learn different modules and get a feel for how the system works. I have in the past done the same with a different product - Oracle 11i EBS and I was hoping it would be possible here as well.

I already have a database that I could run it on and the hardware specs should be ok for a demo version. My biggest hurdle so far has been trying to find a place where to actually download the ERP Central Component from (which I am assuming is what I will need to mirror what a typical company might have). Or is it maybe possible to obtain a copy of DVDs/CDs with an SAP demo version? Ideally I would also be interested in a version containing all the actual Business Logic code (modules like FI, CO, HR and so on) as well.

I am new to the SDN community and I do appreciate all of your feedback.

Thanks in advance !

Damian

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi damian,

we're on the same page. the only versions that is available for downloads could be

found at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloads. ECC might not be available

since preview versions seem to have functionality limitations. i had installed j2ee

sneak preview and had already found some disabled functionalities. if you have

an S-user, you might be able to download softwares from SMP including the ISO

images. but if you don't have SMP access, SDN would only be the place to look.

regards

jo