cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the BI Content on the Sneak Preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed the ABAP Sneak preview and have activated the BW on client 001. Now i am trying to install the content for 7.0, but am facing some problems there.

When i try to install the content using tcode SAINT, and try and load packages, the packages are searched for in the directory
<comp name>\sapmnt\eps\in and this folder is not available on my machine.

I am not sure how to configure this on my computer, so that the SAP system recognises the correct folder.

Can anyone help with a detailed step by step ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Dabre

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dabre,

Can u tell me where are those BI content files are stored.First u have to extract those files using SAPCAR.EXE and after extration u have to load those extracted files on that location.After that u have to execute SAINT.

Hope it helps

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Thanks for the reply ...

The problem is solved now... In the Tcode SAINT, the sap system was not able to find the path

<System Name>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

since this folder was not shared, and windows XP was not allowing me to share this folder.

Solved this by going to Control Panel --> Folder Options --> View --> Uncheck the setting 'Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)'

Then right clicked the folder C:\sapmnt on my drive where i had downloaded and extracted the Content CAR files, and then shared this folder, so that it was available now on the path

<System Name>\sapmnt\trans\EPS\in

The tcode SAINT recognised the package now and i shall install this and check.

Best Regards,

Dabre