cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Server 710

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, we are attempting to install the SAP Installation Server for the first time and are having some problems.

We have the installation server installed and have created a package for SAP GUI 710 COMP 2 and added patch 7.

When I run the silent install from a client -
server\share\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="GUI2"

all the files install but nothing happens when the user double clicks the SAP Logon icon.

The Error log on the client states that "The system cannot find the patch specified" for numerous files, yet all these files are on the client.

The permissions seem ok and this client is a full admin.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff. First deinstall the SAPGUI on this mashine, after manually delete the sap folder in program files,restart the PC. Can you create the package on Server include only SAPGUI 7.10 (no add the Patch) and try to install first it.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sergo,

I have done what you said and the package installation finished on the client with 7 errors, for these files:

wdtlog.ocx

wdtaocx.ocx

wdtfuncs.ocx

wdobapi.ocx

sapchart.ocx

sapfewse.ocx

ecattrh.dll

And when I double click SAPlogon I get a pop up error message tha read:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) Click OK to terminate the application.

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jeff Broedel. Can you manually install the GUI from a CD for testing? The path where you put the SAPGUI on server is? More information ...

Also can you chek this files in windows folder all or not (or in SAP folder in program files) ?

Regards.

Edited by: Sergo Beradze on Apr 1, 2008 9:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahh, when I run sapguisetup.exe from the Installation share I get the same 7 file errors.

Possible permissions or invalid source?

Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whence at you have the installation files? At reception of these files you used a WINRAR ZIP or other archive files (for example download from service.sap.com *.RAR archive with DVD and unrar on XXX directory) ? Also you not answer on my question about where located this 7 files? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergo,

I downloaded the GUI package again, unzipped the contents and the installation server runs fine now.

My previous installation files directory was either misconfigured or incomplete.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am glad for you I asked you about *RAR files because usually to them there are problems. On the future do not unrar the files on desktop(for example) or other LONG directorys name --> because durin extract not all files extract properly. Extract to short directory like C:\DIR. Also for all SAP disks do not use the blanks(spaces) like

C:\ SAP KERNEL 700 --> must be C:\SAP_KERNEL_700.

Regards.