Skip to Content

Brconnect failed with error ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Hi all,

I've migrated our SAP Netweaver System 7.0 on W2003 64 bit Oracle 10g to the new platform W2008R2 and Oracle 11.2.0.3.

SAP system is working fine but sometimes from DB13 we got errors from BRCONNECT (checkdb or update statistics) like this reported below:

Detail log:                    ceicohwe.chk

BR0801I BRCONNECT 7.20 (22)
BR0805I Start of BRCONNECT processing: ceicohwe.chk 2012-03-16 07.30.36
BR0484I BRCONNECT log file: O:\oracle\BWP\sapcheck\ceicohwe.chk
BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2012-03-16 07.30.40
BR0301E SQL error -1031 at location BrInitOraCreate-2, SQL statement:
'CONNECT / AT PROF_CONN IN SYSOPER MODE'
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
BR0303E Determination of Oracle version failed
BR0806I End of BRCONNECT processing: ceicohwe.chk 2012-03-16 07.30.40
BR0280I BRCONNECT time stamp: 2012-03-16 07.30.40
BR0804I BRCONNECT terminated with errors

Error is random; sometimes it goes fine sometimes no.

I've checked notes regarding this error but it seems well configured.

Kernel is updated --> patch level 333

S:\>disp+work

--------------------
disp+work information
--------------------

kernel release                700

kernel make variant          700_REL

compiled on                  NT 5.2 3790 Service Pack 2 x86 MS VC++ 14.00 for NTAMD64

compiled for                  64 BIT

compilation mode              UNICODE

compile time                  Dec 23 2011 23:11:37

update level                  0

patch number                  333

source id                    0.333


---------------------
supported environment
---------------------

database (SAP, table SVERS)  700

operating system
Windows NT 5.0
Windows NT 5.1
Windows NT 5.2
Windows NT 6.0
Windows NT 6.1

I've also attached the trans.log where it seems working fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks

  Maurizio Manera

trans.txt.zip (12.7 kB)
Add comment
10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • Get RSS Feed

3 Answers

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 16, 2012 at 04:33 PM

    Hi,

    check this note

    Note 534765 - db connect fails because of wrong db schema in environment

    Regards,

    Venkata S Pagolu

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Mar 16, 2012 at 04:38 PM
    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded

    • Former Member Maurizio Manera

      Hello,

      1. You did not create the SAPDBA role during an SAP/Oracle upgrade, as

      outlined in the upgrade instructions.

      2.  the database authorizations have not been adjusted.

      3. The database grants were deleted.

      so implement the sap note 134592 to over come the db problems.

      thanks

      Muralidhar

  • avatar image
    Former Member
    Oct 09, 2013 at 12:52 PM

    Hello.

    I had the same error but I ran this grant and my problems was solved, the Oracle versión that I have is 11.2.0.3

    The roles are:.

     

    grant ALL on SAPP10.SDBAH to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.SDBAD to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAML to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBARCL to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAFID to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAEXTL to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAREOL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBABARL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBADFL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAOPTL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBASPAL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBABD to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBABL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBATL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAOBJL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAPHAL to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAGRP to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBAERR to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBATRIAL to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBSTATC to
    sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBSTATTORA
    to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBSTATIORA
    to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBSTATHORA
    to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBSTAIHORA
    to sapdba;

    grant ALL on SAPP10.DBMSGORA
    to sapdba;

    Add comment
    10|10000 characters needed characters exceeded