SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EmbeddedMapView (beta) slow whene more of 10 points are shown - and how to get the user gesture?

appdevmax
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys, i'm trying to use the EmbeddedMapView (beta) in order to draw some icons that represents our charging points, when i use IOS, there is no problem, i can draw more than 1000 icons and everythings works without any issue.

The issue comes with Android: if i draw more than 10/15 icons, all devices (even the most recent and powerful) becomes sluggish, they become unresponsive and the app will become unusable. How i can solve this issue?

Also, how i can intercept the user gesture that "moves" on the map? actually i've managed to use the "tap on map" gesture, but it's not very usable...

Please let me know.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

D_Gerding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm also trying to use the embedded map control, but am in COMMUNITY version, as an instructor. Is there a still a "Visual mapping" solution or component I can using Community BuildApps? (Fingers crossed 🙂  ) Since you are already using the mapping control I thought you might know. Thanks and good luck with your issue, too.

Dave G