Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put a Watch Point @ VBAP-WERKS in a Sales Order?

azeemsap9
Explorer
0 Kudos

How to put a Watch Point @ VBAP-WERKS in a Sales Order?

I am a Functional Guy Learning ABAP Debugging.

7 REPLIES 7

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's pretty obvious what you need to do once you're in the debugger. Hint: check out the toolbar.

azeemsap9
Explorer
0 Kudos

How the system picks up the Program Name for the Watch Point?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A watchpoint operates on a variable, not on a table column.

I guess your question is how to locate what ABAP code updates a given table column -> Use SQL Trace to find the corresponding UPDATE, MODIFY statement. Then you need to debug in reverse order, i.e. to find out what procedure calls the procedure doing the UPDATE/MODIFY. You may need an ABAP trace to find out the list of all possible caller/callee.

You may understand that what you're asking for is way too complex for a functional guy, so you need to become an ABAPer too.

joltdx
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, take some time to read the documentation for the debugger online. And specifically in this case, the section about watchpoints.

former_member326034
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Watchpoints allow you the option of monitoring the content of individual variables. The Debugger stops as soon as the value of the monitored variable changes. In addition, conditions can be specified. The Debugger also checks whether such a condition is fulfilled.

After activating debugger /H) and going to Program which has the variable (VBAP-WERKS in your case). Go to "Breakpoints" --> "Create Wachpoint" --> Enter your variable VBAP-WERKS and Condition Entry. (VBAP-WERKS EQ 1001) and Press enter.

Now, the debugger is going to stop for VBAP-WERKS = 1001.

Best Regards,

Koray Coşkun

0 Kudos

You mean to open a sales order at item level so that the watch point pop up screen triggers the relevant program for the VBAP-WERKS.

former_member326034
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, if your case is creating Sales Order.

Best Regards,

Koray Coşkun