SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WP_PLU Price change pointer not getting created after adding a site to an assortment

sridhar_madiraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Retail Experts,

I need your expertise in resolving the below issues.

1. I have added a new site to an assortment "XYZ" and saved in WSOA2. Once saved, i checked in WSL11 for a particular article which is a part of assortment module assigned to this assortment "XYZ". There I was able to see the listing condition from the day when I added the site.

Now I am looking for a WP_PLU change pointer to get created in table BDCP2, for that article and site combination. But it was not created. What could be the reason?

2. What is the difference between T codes: VKP2 and V/LD when looking for a sales price of an article. Is it correct to use V/LD to check the sales price of an article instaed of using VKP2?

Thanks & Regards,

Sridhar Madiraju.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Answering your first question: basically the creation of the change pointers depends on whether you have the corresponding entry maintained in Tcode BD52. If the entry is there, the change pointer for WLK1 should have been created (assuming that in BD50 the WP_PLU message type is itself active).

Regarding your second question, I am not familiar with V/LD, but it is for standard SD, while VKP2 has been designed for Retail pricing.
The VKP2 should also consider Retail specific scenarios.

Best regards,
Andras

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

andras_strobl
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Answering your first question: basically the creation of the change pointers depends on whether you have the corresponding entry maintained in Tcode BD52. If the entry is there, the change pointer for WLK1 should have been created (assuming that in BD50 the WP_PLU message type is itself active).

Regarding your second question, I am not familiar with V/LD, but it is for standard SD, while VKP2 has been designed for Retail pricing.
The VKP2 should also consider Retail specific scenarios.

Best regards,
Andras

0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your reply. I have already activated the change pointer for WLK1 and DMARC in BD52 for the message type WP_PLU.

I have added a new site-1025 to the assortment-2TEST01. Still I am unable to see the Change Pointers related to WLK1 or DMARC for the new site: 1025 as well as the old 1019 site added as shown in the attached screenshots of table BDCP2.

Regards,

Sridhar Madiraju.

Hi Sridhar,

What you state, and what I see on the screenshot is a bit confusing.

In BDCP2 you will see entry for the assortment (2TEST01 and article), the site assignment won't be there.
When you perform the POS outbound, it will look for change pointers with those assortments, where the store in scope is assigned to.

Is this explaining the situation?

Just an additional remark for DMARC change pointers: please keep in mind, that DMARC changepointers are not picked by POS outbound. (The same with DMVKE).
Normally the MARA, DMARM, DMEAN, DMAKT, DMAMT, DWLK2, WLK1, WRF6 are in scope.

Best regards,
Andras

0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

Thanks again for the reply. My specific question to you is when I created an assortment- 2TEST01 with a single site-1019 attached to it. A change pointer was visible in BDCP2 as per my above screenshot. Later I added the new site-1025. And the same can be visible in WSL11.

Here the question is Why a second change pointer didn't get generated for the added site in this same assortment.

My Understanding is again a WP_PLU message should trigger for this assortment and price should be flown to new added site.

Regards,

Sridhar.

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

OK, now I got what you misunderstood here.

So, changepointer is created for WLK1 only, if there are changes in those fields of the WLK1, which you have added in BD52. For example, your entry in BD52 looks like this:
Object: WLK1
Table name: WLK1
Field name: DATAB (or DATBI or whatever)

What does this mean? When you add a new site to the assortment, this change does not affect the WLK1 at all.
This is just adding an entry in WRSZ table, and generates article segments like MARC, if this has been an initial listing for the site/article combination.

So this is why no new changepointer will be created, when you add your new site 1025.
It was created, when the article was first time listed to the assortment.

Tcode WSL11 might be a bit misleading here, hence this is not just checking the WLK1 content, like WSL1 transaction does. The WSL11 combines the data in WRSZ and WLK1, so you have the chance to see the listing on site level, too.

I hope I could answer your doubts now.

Best regards,
Andras

0 Kudos

Hi Andras,

In this case as change pointer was not triggered, How can i push the price of articles available in the assortment module to the newly added site in the assortment.

This is my current requirement and actual question as well for opening this thread.

Regards,

Sridhar Madiraju.

0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

As this is a new site, you should execute an initialization first (WPMI).

Once the initialization was performed successfully, you can schedule a WPMU to update the store with the changes on regular basis.

BR,
Andras

joseph_demoya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

regarding your second question V/LD is a the standard S/D pricing report that will allow you to review pricing conditions and also modify them. VKP2 allows you to look at the origin of the retail price, pricing document #, look at the pricing determination used for the price calculation and depending on the version of SAP you are using IS-Retail, FMS, or S/4 HANA for merchandise management you will be be able to look at Promotion / bonus buy for the given article and distribution chain.