SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Uploading of Derivation Rule Values in FMDERIVE

meet_waseem
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have got derivation rules values in excel at mass level which needs to be inserted/uploaded in FMDERIVE.

Manual way allows me to copy-paste only 22 values at a time which is really a cumbersome job when there are around 800 values for each derivation rule.

Please advise for any available tool which may allow to upload all values of a derivation rule at once.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Muhammad

If you are using the enhanced FMDERIVE maintenance feature (it comes with Business Function PSM_FM_CI_1 if I remember well) , you can copy and paste directly from the clipboard in this way:

access your derivation step, click on'Edit', then create entries, and use the ALV function for Inserting:

hope this helps too

regards,
Mar

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Behind every derivation rule, which is based on a 'lookup' type, there is a technical table. You can see its name by going to Extras - Overview. So, you can fill this table via SE16N in the required format copying the data from Excel.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

System has shown table name as FMFMOAERP5000021. I have tried to copy excel data in SE16N but could not found a way there to link with spreadsheet.

Can you please elaborate exactly where to insert data.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't link it. You have to enter to SE16N in edit mode (&sap_edit), copy lines from Excel file (Ctrl+C) and paste it to the table (Ctrl+V). Make sure that the fields in your Excel file are in the same format and order as the fields in this temporary table.

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks so much for your comprehensive response, seems I am missing some point causing me stuck in SE16N.

By default SE16N is in edit mode but I could not found the table format (having blank columns & rows accepting data) where to paste the excel data. Please have a look at the following screenshot of SE16N.

Clicking the Execute button (Short Key F8) gives an error message "No Values Found".

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should type &sap_edit in the command window. Search SCN for information how to modify tables.

0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

I have noticed from couple of SCN documents that "&sap_edit" is by default disabled by SAP.

My ABAPER colleague though used ABAP debugger but it seems a bit complicated option for me at functional end.

Alternative by Mars (to activate Business function) has worked smooth.

I am really grateful for your consistent helpful suggestions. Expecting same in future too.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed, there is a note 1420281 - CO-OM tools: SE16N: Deactivating &SAP_EDIT which deactivates this function, but in most clients this function is deliberately restored as it could be essential for fast corrections in Production system. Mar's solution is indeed more conventional; I didn't know that you have sufficient release package to apply it.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Muhammad

If you are using the enhanced FMDERIVE maintenance feature (it comes with Business Function PSM_FM_CI_1 if I remember well) , you can copy and paste directly from the clipboard in this way:

access your derivation step, click on'Edit', then create entries, and use the ALV function for Inserting:

hope this helps too

regards,
Mar

0 Kudos

Dear Mar,

Your proposed solution has worked seamlessly.Thanks so much.

Regards