SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - GR reduction not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per system standard behavior for GRIR account system is deriving Expense commitment item. Logic we use is GL = commitment item

E.g. GRIR a/c 123 and expenses a/c 456

Entry is - GL Expense A/c 456 Dr Commitment item 456

GL GRIR 123 Commitment item 456

But while making MIRO with zero value system gives error as -

GR reduction not possible. Wrong cmmt item (fin. trans. 30) in GR/IR acct

I checked for GRIR account Commitment item is not 30 category. But that expense gl have 30 category commitment item.

This zero value MIRO is made for subcontracting PO and it is business requirement. But if I try to post Re. 0.01 in MIRO then system is allowing me to post MIRO.

Please suggest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to run GR again but with FMDERIVE trace on.

The FMDERIVE trace is a customer tool where you can analyze the derivation log and find out how the Account Assignment objects are determined (values after and before the derivation process).

See note 666322 "Derivation tool in the FM: Trace function" for more information.

In order to be sure that your issue is an error and nothing related to a missing or incorrect derivation rule in FMDERIVE you can activate the trace according to the instructions in consulting note 666322. For this do the following:

a. Enter in FMDERIVE and activate the Trace

b. Test again your issue (creating a new example).

c. You will receive FMDERIVE trace screen with the values of account assignments. Probably you will receive more than one time this screen. If you see that the value is correct go to the next step clicking on button "X".

Whenever you find the screen where the value is incorrect (or empty), probably related to the IR/GR G/L Account, please do the following:

d. In the FMDERIVE pop-up screen click on button "Display Log". When you click there you will see another screen.

e. There, Go to Menu Goto -> Display Print Template

f. Click on both folders to open the tree.

In the first one you will see the Values after and Before.

In the second one (Steps), you are able to see WHERE exactly was the change, what was happening during the execution of derivation rules, the RULES that it is in use in that step.

All the derivation rules which are in use during the process will be marked with yellow line. If you check the trace log and the 'value after' is not correct, you should adjust your existing derivation rule.

In addition, I suggest you to read note 1466979, that explains which financial transaction should be used in each kind of financial document. Let me know your comments about the note and if it fits with your scenario (the commitment item from your posting has the correct financial transaction in transaction FMCIA).

For GR/IR clearing account, you should use a commitment item with FT 40.

Please find more information in the Online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430

000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

See 'Recording Actual and commitment data -> Update Control ->

Update Control: Financial Transaction and Value Type'

I believe that the information above can resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all I suggest you to run GR again but with FMDERIVE trace on.

The FMDERIVE trace is a customer tool where you can analyze the derivation log and find out how the Account Assignment objects are determined (values after and before the derivation process).

See note 666322 "Derivation tool in the FM: Trace function" for more information.

In order to be sure that your issue is an error and nothing related to a missing or incorrect derivation rule in FMDERIVE you can activate the trace according to the instructions in consulting note 666322. For this do the following:

a. Enter in FMDERIVE and activate the Trace

b. Test again your issue (creating a new example).

c. You will receive FMDERIVE trace screen with the values of account assignments. Probably you will receive more than one time this screen. If you see that the value is correct go to the next step clicking on button "X".

Whenever you find the screen where the value is incorrect (or empty), probably related to the IR/GR G/L Account, please do the following:

d. In the FMDERIVE pop-up screen click on button "Display Log". When you click there you will see another screen.

e. There, Go to Menu Goto -> Display Print Template

f. Click on both folders to open the tree.

In the first one you will see the Values after and Before.

In the second one (Steps), you are able to see WHERE exactly was the change, what was happening during the execution of derivation rules, the RULES that it is in use in that step.

All the derivation rules which are in use during the process will be marked with yellow line. If you check the trace log and the 'value after' is not correct, you should adjust your existing derivation rule.

In addition, I suggest you to read note 1466979, that explains which financial transaction should be used in each kind of financial document. Let me know your comments about the note and if it fits with your scenario (the commitment item from your posting has the correct financial transaction in transaction FMCIA).

For GR/IR clearing account, you should use a commitment item with FT 40.

Please find more information in the Online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430

000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

See 'Recording Actual and commitment data -> Update Control ->

Update Control: Financial Transaction and Value Type'

I believe that the information above can resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

Thanks for your reply.

FT for GRIR account in our case is 50. I changed it to 40. and again test full scenario(reverse GR, Create new GR and post MIRO with Zero value). Still system gives same error.

If I post MIRO with any amount more than ZERO it is allowing but ZERO value is not allowed.

FT for expenses GL account of which commitment item is derived for GRIR account is 30.

If I change FT from 50 to 40 then do I need to do any other more processes.

Please suggest.

0 Kudos

Please suggest

0 Kudos

Hi

from your description, it looks like you are getting this error when attempting to post an invoice with zero amount only, right ? I think it is not a common scenario.

have you reported this via OSS? if not, please do it and add a detailed description with your business requirement for a better understanding. we will follow up and update this thread once the solution is known

sorry for not having better directions...

thx

Mar

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an additional question:

can you please describe how the FI documents should look like, in terms of GL accounts, account type, posting key...in both cases?

MIRO with Zero amount

MIRO with any other amount

It will be good if we manage to know the settings behind

Thanks!

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thanks for your reply.

Entries are as follows -

FOR ZERO amount MIRO -

At the time of MIGO -

Stores Mat.Consumed A/c DR Amount Re 1 PK 81

To GR/IR-Gen.Stores Dom Amount Re 1 PK 96

At the time of MIRO -

GR/IR-Gen.Stores Dom A/c DR Amount Re 1 PK 86

To Stores Mat.Consumed A/c Amount Re 1 PK 91

But MIRO is posted with value ZERO

For NON-ZERO amount MIRO -

At the time of MIGO -

Stores Mat.Consumed A/c DR Amount Re 1 PK 81

To GR/IR-Gen.Stores Dom Amount Re 1 PK 96

At the time of MIRO -

GR/IR-Gen.Stores Dom A/c DR Amount Re 1 PK 86

To Vendor A/c Amount Re 1 PK 31

Regards,

Harshal Vaidya

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is not the standard practice. If IR has no value, all you need to do is to flag the final invoice indicator in PO line item and run MR11 - Maintain GR/IR Clearing Account to clear the GR.

MIRO allows 4 transactions: invoice, credit memo, subsequent debit and susequent credit but none of them are able to create a document as you described, that is Dr GR/IR and Cr Inventory. Please let us how exactly you managed to create a document like that with standard MIRO.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hello

Ming, i agree with you.

This issue was reported as an OSS ticket as well. MR11 is the recommended solution in this case.

Kind regards

Mar

former_member1263984
Participant
0 Kudos

Correct me if I'm wrong

As I know, when we create Commitment Item, you can't change the financial transaction and commitment item category.

I had the same problem like you. I try to create new commitment item with financial transaction is 40 and cmmitment item category is 3. Then, as usual I assign it to GR/IR GL account and the other assignment related with FMDERIVE

Edited by: rosi88 on Aug 4, 2011 10:05 AM