SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget address & posting address in FM-BCS

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I need clarity about budget structure, client is asking for budget structure in the initial scope definition. I have a confusion regarding conceptual understanding of Budget address and posting address. Suppose i have a fund center A  and 10 Commitment items. IN FMBSBO i create budget address linking these ten commitment items to fund center A, budget structure address is created , now what about posting address , should i create posting address in the same way linking these ten commitment items to fund center A ?. I am confused about posting and budget address logic.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes correct,  If you choose to work with budget structure then you need to run Budget address and Posting address for the required combination of objects before posting, then only system will allow for postings other wise system pass an error message.

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes correct,  If you choose to work with budget structure then you need to run Budget address and Posting address for the required combination of objects before posting, then only system will allow for postings other wise system pass an error message.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks , can we create more than one budget structure in fiscal year.If yes then what is the business scenario in which we need  to create multiple budget structure in a fiscal year....

Regards

0 Kudos

No

0 Kudos

Hi

You can define a multi-level BS by setting the corresponding indicator in the FM area. However, this is only possible if you have activated the multi-level BS in Customizing by choosing Activate Multi-Level Budget Structure in the FM area.

With out activating this, you cannot assign mutiple budget structures in single FM Area within the same fiscal year. Budget structure will be assigned for the combination of FM Area, fiscal year and budget structure (Img path: Define Settings for the Budget Structure). So, system will not allow for assigning multiple budget structures in one FM area in the same fiscal year. But it is suggestiable to maintain single budget structure in one fiscla year.

The below link will help to understand the budget structure.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/56/61873c7a5cb252e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Rao