SAP for Insurance Discussions
Engage in conversations about risk management, customer experience, and digital transformation using SAP in the insurance industry. Join the discussion!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature set difference between FI-AR and FI-CA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While I am trying to do a comparison analysis between FI-AR/AP and FI-CA for Insurance Industry, I can deduce various facts like FI-CA been developed for transaction extensive industries like telecom/insurance which might often need automated processing (FI-AR appears to have more of manual processes for handling aspects of incoming payments) along with required performance. FI-AR/AP are more of standard Accounts receivable/payable module not necessarily catering to exact needs of industries mentioned above. Another major difference is the more flexible master data model FI-CA has to offer compared to FI-AR/AP.

However, I am not able to deduce clearly if there are corresponding features available in FI-AR/AP for specific features available in FI-CA for handling incoming & outgoing payments. e.g.:

1) Is bank reconciliation supported in FI-AR/AP? Do we have mechanisms to upload electronic bank statement for the same?

2) Does FI-AR provides varying features like different lot processing in FI-CA for bulk processing, Cash desk (i know this is not supported in FI-AR). The process of clearing appears to be very manual intensive.

3) Similarly what is the support for payments (especially automated for bulk processing) in FI-AP? 

4) Assume other insurance industry specific features like brokers collection, collection agency collections, co-insurance specific features etc. are not supported in FI-AR/AP and no corresponding features would exist for obvious reasons.  

Please suggest any other major differences between FI-CA and FI-AR/AP from an Insurance/Reinsurance industry perspective you may know of.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Ankit

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

For insurance, you need to check the FS-CD (Financial Services - Collection and Disbursement). It is included FI-CA capabilities and also extend more for insurance industry, for example in master data, FS-CD have insurance object ( broker c ontract, commission contract, claim, deposit contract) in additional to Bussiness partner and contract account in FI-CA

Detail can found here: FS-CD - Wiki - SCN Wiki

and here:

Collections and Disbursements (FS-CD) - SAP Library

0 Kudos

Hello, Perhaps you should advocate preliminary search on the available contents or topics in SCN.

@Ankit Singh, you can refer to this blog FSCD Vs FI-AR by Sagar Tasgaonkar