SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBS - Payment document reset

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SAP Experts

I need your help and guidance in dealing with one of the business requirement.

We are in the process of implementing Electronic bank statement process and as a part of this we have a requirement of Reset and reversing the payment document.

Let me explain this using a below example.

on 1st March 2017 XYZ ltd has instructed bank to make payment to Vendor ABC ltd for amount of 1000 USD and Bank has done the payment to ABC ltd and sent Mt940 to XYZ ltd on 2nd March 2017. After receiving the Mt940, XYZ ltd has cleared the bank sub Gl account (out going payment account) and made entry to main bank account as payment to vendor completed.

On the next day ie on 4th March 2017 , bank has realized that the payment made to ABC ltd has failed and money got returned to bank(1000 USD credited in XYZ bank). on the same day bank has sent MT940 to XYZ ltd with 1000 USD credit.

In teh above case, since payment to vendor is failed (not completed) XYZ ltd needs to reset and reverse the clearing document (Initial MT940 posting) and also need to reset and reverse the payment document.

Can you please let me know if this can be achieved by EBS or not.

in this of type of scenario bank is sending the payment document number and a fixed text (payment failed.), now we need to identify the MT940 clearing against the payment document and do a reset and reversal of clearing doc and payment doc.

Please do let me know if this can be achieved by EBS. I have checked the reset and reversal option given OT83- posting rule definition.this can be useful only in the case where we need to reset and revere the payment document. In case when we have clearing document also, this is not much help.

Please guide me on this requirement..

If any details needed on this, please do let me know

2 REPLIES 2

former_member193513
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Experts

Please do let me know if we can achieve the above requirement by using EBS

Thanking you in Advance

Regards

Prasad

ishwarya_doss
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the same issue. Could anyone guide us on this? Any integration algorithms will help?