SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Automotive-Credit management for DBM orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are implementing IS-Automotive solution and are on DBM Release 6.0.

Business requirement is to have credit check active on DBM order. We have assigned standard document type QDBM to the DBM order type and have activated the credit check for this order type QDBM. However when the DBM sales order is created we do not get any error/ warning as per the configuration of automatic credit control.

As I understand this functionality was available in DBM release 5.0.

Does any body have any idea how to go about solving this issue.

Any help will be given reward points.

Many thanks in advance.

Kartik Shah

10 REPLIES 10

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kartik,

Check out following IMG;

(1) Credit Contol area (IMG - Enterprise Structure - Definition - Financial Accounting - Define Credit Control Area)

(2) Assign Credit Control Area to Compnay code

(3) Assign permitted Credit Control areas to Compnay Code (IMG - Financial Accounting (New) - Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable - Credit Management - Credit Control Account - Assign Permitted Credit Control Areas to Company Code

(4) Define Risk Categories

(5) Credit Management / Risk Management settings

(6) Define Credit Groups

(7) Assign Sales Documents to Delivery documents

(8) Define Automatic Credit Control

Hope this info will be useful.

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Dear Muralidhara,

Thanks for the reply. However this is for credit management/credit check in standard sales orderson R/3. DBM orders which are specific feature of IS-automotive solution do not work this way and that was the reason I had posted the message on SDN.

Regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthy. I'm also involved in a DBM 6.0 implementation. I would like to know how are you going on thru this process, which is your experience.

Thanks.

Pedro Rodriguez

hnmuralidhara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

Check out following URL;

help.sap.com/bp_dbmv1500/DBM_DE/Documentation/A90_Scen_Overview_EN_DE.ppt -

Bye,

Muralidhara

0 Kudos

Thanks Muralidhara. We are facing some problem in the initial customizing, did you applied building blocks?

Pedro

0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

We checked with SAP on this subject. Credit information is all that they have provided in the DBM functionality. That means you will get the information only about open line items when creating the DBM order. Credit check is not a functionality they have nor are they going to develop any thing for future release.

We are going to have our own development to cater to this requirement.

Regards,

Kartik

0 Kudos

Thank you, Kartik. In what stage of the implementation are you now?

Regards.

Pedro

0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

We are at the end of blue print phase now. We will be going on to realization by end of July.

Regards,

Kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kartik, we are almost at the same time. Would you please send me and e-mail (you can check them in my business card) so as we can share experiences of this module?

Thanxs. Regards.

Pedro Rodriguez

0 Kudos

Dear Karthik and Pedro.

As of now, its an identified GAP with respect to credit checks,. We get only the Credit information which is maintained in FD32 in the Memo Pad of the DBM Orders. No additional functionalities are developed in this regard.

Do post all your DBM related queries, without fail. I would try to help you out in case I can.

Best regards,

Harsha