SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Primary & Secondary Status of Vehicle Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the function module /DBM/VM20_RFC_CREATE and /DBM/VM20_RFC_CHANGE to create and change vehicle master data.

However i couldn't find any field which could change the primary & secondary status of the vehicle master data.

During a new vehicle is created, status QP05 (Vehicle created) is automatically given to the vehicle.

Is there any field in the bapi or any other way to change the primary & secondary status of the vehicle?

Thanks for help.

MJ

Edited by: Lai MJ on May 5, 2009 4:28 AM

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MJ,

it's not possible to change a status of a vehicle explicitely (neither via BAPI / function module nor via the UI). This is always done implicitely by the action you trigger for a vehicle.

DBM reuses the VMS concept here. The settings for that are mainly done in transactions OVELO1 and OVELO11.

Please have a look at the documentation to which a link was already posted.

Kind regards,

Steffen

joanna_grobelna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's very old post but...

I don't know about Bapi fields, but there is a standard VMS t-code - VELOE (emergency report for status cleanup), where you can change both primary & secondary statuses. After that, action CORR is showed in the vehicle history. Maybe that can help someone somehow.

Best Regards,

J.

0 Kudos

Hi,

transaction code VELOE has to be used only in extreme cases because this transaction does not update TREX system.

If status is changed with VELOE all data needs to be reloaded to TREX that it is up to date with VMS database.

Please use VELOE carefully!

Regards

Joachim