SAP Builders Discussions
Join the discussion -- ask questions and discuss how you and fellow SAP Builders are using SAP Build, SAP Build Apps, SAP Build Process Automation, and SAP Build Work Zone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static images are not displayed correctly in SAP Android preview

Jan-Erik
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Only the icon is displayed on each page of my mobile app 66835 (BirdSoundFinland) instead of the page specific static image. However, in web browser preview the images are displayed correctly. 

Before releasing any update of my app to the public, I wish to be sure that this error does not appear on users' phones.

Sincerely,

Jan-Erik

5 REPLIES 5

Dan_Wroblewski
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not an Android user or expert in how SAP Build Apps works with it. But can you explain a little more, maybe for others who can answer:

• Are these images uploaded to Asset Manager and then used in Containers and Image components?
  • Are these images uploaded by the user?
  • Are these icons related to the Android app?
  • Or something else?

Screenshots always help 😸

--------------
See all my blogs and connect with me on Twitter / LinkedIn

Jan-Erik
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello and thanks for your reply.

All 300 images (one on each page) appear as they should as components in the composer, but when I checked the content of the Asset Manager, I only found 5 of them left! And when I opened the SAP app preview, only these 5 images were visible on their respective pages. Does this mean I have to upload and link all 295 missing images again?

Regards,

Jan-Erik

0 Kudos

Hey, seems like you're handling a lot of images, do you store these images locally or on a backend? If stored locally, your issue could be that some images exceed the 5mb upload limit in composer pro and only the ones below this limit will appear. To solve this you may need to resize your images before uploading to composer pro. Additionally if the images are in a repeating list on your device, it could also be that the app is taking an indefinite amount of time to render all the images at once. Have you caught any error messages so far in your building process ?

If you don't already, I would suggest uploading the 300 images to a backend server so that with each image on a page you want to display, your app makes an API call requesting a link to this image then you bind your image component/container to the link. For more performance I would also recommend caching your images and recycler view if you have long lists of images

Jan-Erik
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the tip, but the images are only about 50-80 kb in size. The app, which was built on the Appgyver platform, has been available in Google Play for more than a year by now and without any issues.

It seems that when migrating to the new SAP environment, the content of the Asset container was not completely transferred, which probably means that I have to re-upload and re-link all the missing images before publishing the next app update. I suppose an image-opening directly from the asset container would be slightly quicker than opening them through a link from a backend server. 

Each page has multiple links (about 2,200 totally in the app) to audio files stored in Firebase. The slight delay in opening them is not particularly disturbing.

0 Kudos

When the actual image is missing from the collection of assets, it's replaced by the app icon.