DevOps and System Administration Discussions
Dive into SAP DevOps and system administration. Join discussions to collaborate on optimizing workflows, share knowledge, and leverage resources effectively.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Access Log

Beyçelik
Explorer

Hello all,

in want to give information about SAP Read Access Log :

how can I activate and start a log for GUI transactions?

I want to give an audit log for any USER like Audit Log, For example, when and what part of the database did a user access, and what changes did he/she make?

6 REPLIES 6

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to enable the auditing log, refer to the SAP blog get more details

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/12/11/analysis-and-recommended-settings-of-the-security-audit-log-sm19-sm...

Regards

SS

0 Kudos

hi dear,this is not my mean

0 Kudos

my mean is SAP

Read Access Log

0 Kudos

Kindly Check HPI {Hasso Plato} University Cyber Course.

former_member612251
Participant
0 Kudos

Like what was already mentioned above, you have to activate this in order to be able to read the log, if the log isn't activated you have no way of recording it. Auditing in HANA is disabled by default...reading the SAP HANA Security Documentation will tell you this, I suggest you read it.

Secondly I would add that you are assuming that there is an audit policy created which meets your requirements, a policy that records every single read in an in memory database is bit much I cannot see many companies doing this, so you may want to check if there is such a policy that you can read in the first place.

If you are the person responsible for this, then I would suggest gathering the requirements from the business as to what they wish to capture, then create a new custom audit policy, best place to start would again be the SAP HANA Security Guide

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not sure whether you are looking for information related to Read Access Logging. If this is what you are looking for, then, apart from this SAP Help page, you can also have a look at this SAP Community blog.

Nevertheless, if you are interested in table changes, then consider SAP Note 1916.

Regards,

Cris